[R--gR] imset.R - a suite of functions for R (incl. learning BNs using imsets)

Jirka Vomlel vomlel at utia.cas.cz
Wed Sep 5 14:05:24 CEST 2007

Dear gR subscribers,

I have written a suite of functions for R that implements
some functions for imsets. Imsets are algebraic
representatives of conditional independence models
(similarly as, e.g., DAGs) and have several nice properties.
See, Milan Studeny's book on this topic, if you interested in
more details about imsets:
M. Studeny: Probabilistic Conditional Independence Structures,
Springer-Verlag 2005.

One part of the imset.R suite is learning structural imsets from data.
Structural imsets are unique representatives of equivalence classes of DAGs
and can be transformed into the essential graph (and to a DAG). Therefore,
we actually provide a method for learning DAGs (i.e., the structure of
Bayesian networks)
from data.

The imset.R file, a short manual, and links to relevant articles are
available from:
http://www.utia.cas.cz/vomlel/imset/
The imset.R suite is under development therefore any comments are highly
welcome.
Our final goal is to make an R package from it.

Jirka Vomlel