[R--gR] IceBUGS: BUGS users meeting

Bob OHara boh at rni.helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 12 14:48:12 CEST 2005

(apologies for cross-posting, and please pass this on to anyone you
think might be interested)

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

IceBUGS: A Workshop about the development and use of the BUGS programme
Tvärminne Zoological Station, University of Helsinki, Finland Friday
10th - Monday 13th February 2005

We would like to invite you to IceBUGS, the first BUGS users group
meeting, on 10th-13th February 2006.  The aim of this workshop is to
bring together people working with and on BUGS,  providing a platform
for BUGS users and developers to discuss and exchange ideas about using
BUGS in  data analysis.  The workshop will consist of both oral and
poster session, as well as discussion  session where BUGS experts can
discuss your problems, and suggest solutions.  We are planning for
about 30 particiants, so the meeting will be fairly small and informal.

The following speakers have already confirmed their attendence: David
Spiegelhalter (UK), Nicky Best (UK), Martyn Plummer (France), Brad
Carlin (USA) and Andrew Thomas (Finland).

The meeting will be held at Tvärminne Zoological Station, just over
100km from Helsinki.  There will also be the oppoprtunity to have a
proper Finnish sauna, and a dip in an ice  hole (well, if there is any ice).

The Dates: Friday 10th - Monday 13th February 2006
The Place: Tvärminne Zoological Station, Hanko, Finland
(http://luoto.tvarminne.helsinki.fi/english/index.htm)
Fees: 200 EUR (includes transport between Helsinki and the Zoological
Station and all accommodation and meals.  A few single rooms are
available for 30 EUR extra)

If you are interested in attending, please email Bob O'Hara
(boh at rni.helsinki.fi), and if you wish to present a talk or poster, give
a provisional title (we will let you change it later: for now we just
want to have an idea about your subject).

I hope we'll see you in February!

Bob

--
Bob O'Hara

Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki
Finland

Telephone: +358-9-191 51479
Mobile: +358 50 599 0540