[R--gR] Modelformulae: reference?

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Aug 20 13:53:46 CEST 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:34:49 +0200 DED (David George Edwards) wrote:

> Peter McCullagh has done some work on 'model algebra' that's possibly
> relevant?:
> http://galton.uchicago.edu/~pmcc/TR.html

I think someone pointed out last year (maybe even directly after gR
2002) that the Annals of Statistics paper "What is a statistical model?"
could be a relevant paper to the gR project. My impression (and I guess
also the impression of the other guys from our group) was that it's
rather theoretical and wouldn't help much in finding practical solutions
for gR.