[R--gR] R data structure for network graphs?

Giovanni Marchetti gmm at ds.unifi.it
Fri Dec 19 12:00:26 CET 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 15:24, Paul Shannon wrote:

> I wonder:  has this group defined an R data structure for
> representing network graphs, with nodes and edges (and
> perhaps with node and edge attributes as well)?  I wish
> to include this view of our data along side our experimental
> data.

Dear Paul

I think that the only structure available in R for graphs
is class graph defined in package graph by
Robert Gentleman.  It is a Bioconductor package.
Look at http://www.bioconductor.org/

Package: graph

capabilities.
 Version: 1.1.9
 Author: R. Gentleman, Elizabeth Whalen
 Maintainer: R. Gentleman
 Dependencies: R (>= 1.7), cluster, XML
 SystemRequirements: NA
 License: LGPL

Giovanni

--
< Giovanni M. Marchetti >
Dipartimento di Statistica, Univ. di Firenze   Phone:  +39 055 4237 204
I 50134 Firenze, Italy                         email:  gmm at ds.unifi.it