[R-sig-Geo] maptools, rgdal, rgeos and rgrass7 retiring Monday, October 16

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Mon Oct 16 10:53:04 CEST 2023

As previously announced, maptools, rgdal, rgeos and rgrass7 have been
archived by CRAN at my request. Some turbulence may be expected as about
80 packages with remaining strong dependencies on the archived packages
also are archived. I'm very grateful to many maintainers who have
responded to requests to update in time.

Going forward, sp 2.1-1 will be submitted shortly removing on-load
messages, and about 70 non-updated packages with remaining weak
dependencies on the archived packages will be warned to update.

Any issues arising from the evolution process should be reported here or
at https://github.com/r-spatial/evolution/issues.

Roger