[R-sig-Geo] geodata package: CMIP6 climate model data downloading error

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Wed Jan 25 16:00:43 CET 2023

On 25/01/2023 15:48, Manuel Spínola wrote:
> Thank you very much Ákos.
>
> It didn't work either.
>
> Is there any other package that allows to download future climate change
> scenarios?

CMIP6 data is being uploaded as Zarr files on the google cloud; a blog
post that gives examples of downloading some parts of it, using packages
stars and sf, is here:
https://r-spatial.org/r/2022/09/13/zarr.html

> Manuel
>

> El mié, 25 ene 2023 a las 1:27, Bede-Fazekas Ákos (<bfalevlist using gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Dear Manuel,
>>
>> There are some broken links in the WorldClim website. If you find one,
>> you can write to info using worldclim.org. Although I have negative
>> experiences, you should try this way.
>> Anyway, the global, non-tiled raster can be downloaded from this link:
>>
>> https://geodata.ucdavis.edu/cmip6/30s/ACCESS-CM2/ssp126/wc2.1_30s_bioc_ACCESS-CM2_ssp126_2021-2040.tif
>>
>> Have a nice week,
>> Ákos
>>
>> _________
>> Ákos Bede-Fazekas
>> Centre for Ecological Research, Hungary
>>
>> 2023.01.24. 23:29 keltezéssel, Manuel Spínola írta:
>>> Dear list members,
>>>
>>> I am trying to download CMIP6 climate model data using the R package
>>> geodata but I got this error message:
>>>
>>> bio <- cmip6_tile(lon = -84, lat = 10,"ACCESS-CM2", "126", "2021-2040",
>>> var="bioc", path = "climate_ckange")
>>> trying URL '
>>>
>> https://geodata.ucdavis.edu/cmip6/tiles/ACCESS-CM2/ssp126/wc2.1_30s_bioc_ACCESS-CM2_ssp126_2021-2040_tile-28.tif
>>> '
>>> Error in utils::download.file(url = url, destfile = filename, quiet =
>>> quiet,  :
>>>     cannot open URL '
>>>
>> https://geodata.ucdavis.edu/cmip6/tiles/ACCESS-CM2/ssp126/wc2.1_30s_bioc_ACCESS-CM2_ssp126_2021-2040_tile-28.tif
>>> '
>>> download failed
>>>
>>> I cannot even download the data using the worldclim website.

Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics
Heisenbergstrasse 2, 48151 Muenster, Germany
Phone: +49 251 8333081