[R-sig-Geo] Extract CRU data

Barry Rowlingson b@row||ng@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 24 13:44:58 CET 2023

Are you asking if there's a way to automate the download of a list of links
from that page? You could write an R script to get the HTML, then find all
the HTML <A> tags, and then get the URLs in the link addresses, and there's
packages for doing this kind of web scraping.

But for this kind of thing it might be easier to use a web browser add-on -
I have "Down Them All" set up on Firefox, and with a click or two I can get
a list of all the link URLs and hit a button that downloads everything to a
single folder. Once done, I can use standard R functions to list all the
downloaded files and read them. Took about 20 seconds to do for this page,
and now I have a folder of 292 .tmp.per files.

Barry