[R-sig-Geo] strange issue of memory converting a raster to a data frame

Sebastiano Trevisani @trev|@@n| @end|ng |rom |u@v@|t
Mon Jan 23 18:32:53 CET 2023

Hi  Loïc,

thank you for your suggestion! this was one of the possibilities I checked.
However, I tried with terra.options() to change the memfrac parameter from
0.6 to 0.1, so as to force the writing on disc, but things didn't work.
It seems like it is working as 32 bit system, but the R the installation
seems right to 64. Probably I'm missing something very obvious.
I will try to build a reproducible example without the need to upload all
the file.

Thanks again,

Sebastiano

*      Sebastiano Trevisani, Ph.D.*
*            Associate Professor*
*Applied and Environmental Geology*

*  https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8436-7798
<https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8436-7798>*
*IUAV University of Venice: www.iuav.it <http://www.iuav.it/>*

*Address: Dorsoduro 2206,  Venice 30123, Italy Tel:    +39. 041. 257
1299Mail:    strevisani using iuav.it <strevisani using iuav.it> *
*"Le opinioni espresse sono riferibili esclusivamente all'autore e non *
* riflettono in alcun modo una posizione ufficiale dello IUAV "*
*"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in
any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the IUAV."*