[R-sig-Geo] Plotting probability exceedance

Bede-Fazekas Ákos b|@|ev||@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 16 08:55:15 CET 2023

Hello,
As far as I understand, for one point (i.e., one row of the
sf/data.frame) you have several precipitation values, but can calculate
one exceedance probability from these values. So an xy-plot is not the
best choice for visualization of this kind of data. Or you'll have the
same y value (probability) for several x values (precipitation). If this
is not a problem for you, then I suggest using tidyr::pivot_longer() to
transfrom the precipitation values from the several columns to one. Then
you can draw the xy-plot by ggplot or base plot or even lattice plot.
HTH,
Ákos
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Centre for Ecological Research, Hungary