[R-sig-Geo] Spatial Analysis and Mapping in R - October 23-27, 2023

i@io m@iii@g oii phys@ii@-courses@org i@io m@iii@g oii phys@ii@-courses@org
Fri Aug 11 18:26:15 CEST 2023

Dear all,
We are delighted to introduce our upcoming course on Mapping and Spatial Operations in R, scheduled to take place from October 23rd to 27th, 2023. This immersive online course offers a unique opportunity to harness the power of R as a Geographic Information System (GIS) for mapping and analyzing spatial data.

**Course Overview:**
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) play a pivotal role in collecting, representing, and analyzing spatial data. In this course, we explore how to seamlessly integrate GIS operations into R, facilitating the creation of automated, reproducible, and visually appealing maps. Through a combination of theoretical insights and practical hands-on sessions, you'll gain the skills to script complex spatial analyses and create impactful maps using R.

**Target Audience and Assumed Background:**
Whether you're a researcher, practitioner, or enthusiast, this course is designed for individuals at all career stages who wish to enhance their spatial analysis capabilities. If you have an interest in mapping and spatial analysis of biodiversity or environmental data, and seek to script your procedures for reproducibility and automation, this course is tailor-made for you. A basic understanding of R is recommended, and participants should be comfortable working with computers, equipped with a good internet connection and webcam for interactive online sessions.

**Learning Outcomes:**
Upon completing this course, you will:
1. Acquire a foundational understanding of GIS, cartographic projections, and mapping principles.
2. Effectively import and manage spatial data in R, and script automated map generation.
3. Perform various spatial operations using R, unlocking new insights from your data.
4. Create visually compelling maps and export them for presentation and analysis.
Don't miss this opportunity to master the art of spatial analysis and mapping in R, and elevate your data visualization and analysis capabilities.

For more details and to secure your spot, please visit [ https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gis-in-r/ ]( https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gis-in-r/ )

We look forward to welcoming you to this enriching course and embarking on a journey of spatial exploration together.

Best regards,

Valentina

Valentina Sardina
Course coordinator