[R-sig-Geo] Shapefile clipping operation help request

Bhaskar Mitra bh@@k@r@ko|k@t@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 5 19:10:17 CEST 2022

Hello All,

 I am new to geospatial analysis and would really appreciate some help in
shapefile clipping operation in R. I want to use a clipping function (or
something equivalent), whereby, if the majority of  shapefile 2 (e.x:
greater than 50 % area of shapefile 2) is within shapefile 1, I can
incorporate

shapefile 2 within shapefile 1 and generate shapefile 3.

However, if less than 50% area of shapefile 2 is within shapefile 1, then
it will be discarded.

I would really appreciate some help in this regard.

Sincerely,