[R-sig-Geo] Mapping Pacific centered map for Spatial analysis

sownal chand @own@|ch@nd|m@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Mar 13 00:41:35 CET 2022

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Sownal Chand, from Fiji Islands and am currently working on a project
which involves spatial analysis of climate data (Temperature, rainfall,
etc). I have been able to write codes in R for Point interpolations of
these parameters but I require some assistance in mapping these raster
files on the southwest pacific maps. For example, a map of Fiji Islands  (
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/740982944911004875 ) and I am facing some
difficulties in making these plots.

I hope that some expert would be willing to help me with this and the map's
CRS setting is a bit confusing and I am a beginner in this area ( i. e,
spatial analysis using R). I have been looking at tutorials and codes to
crop country boundaries and shapefiles and still found lots of errors in my
codes.

Hoping to find solutions to my problems and learn from this.

yours sincerely
sownalc
Contact: sownalchand using gmail.com
PH +679 2960779