[R-sig-Geo] How to export a GeoTIFF 8 bit raster

Michael Sumner md@umner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 1 08:53:53 CET 2022

this might work, your file link doesn't provide access to me so I created a
guess example

library(terra)
x <- rast(matrix(sample(0:255, 12), 3))
file.tif <- tempfile(fileext = ".tif")
#writeRaster(x, file.tif, gdal = "NBITS=8", datatype = "INT1U")
#rast(file.tif)

terra has its own controls over the options, some interact/overlap with the
gdal ones I haven't explored that

HTH,  Mike