[R-sig-Geo] Feedback on priorities for a 2nd edition of Geocomputation with R

Robin Lovelace rob00x @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 6 19:13:16 CEST 2021

Dear R-SIG-GEO members,

Myself, Jakub Nowosad and Jannes Muenchow have plans to update the open
source book Geocomputation with R to keep up-to-date with the evolution of
R packages for working with geographic data (notably sf 1.0.0+ and terra).

To help guide our work on this over the next few months (we are hoping to
publish the book in CRC Press at some point in 2022) we would appreciate
feedback from anyone who has used the book. What are aspects we should
improve? What should we cover in more detail?

If you would like to shape the direction of the book into the future,
please provide feedback on this form, that should only take around 5
minutes to complete: https://forms.gle/nq9RmbxJyZXQgc948

There is a longer discussion of ideas for future topics and priorities here
where we welcome further comments, suggestions and ideas:
https://github.com/Robinlovelace/geocompr/issues/12#issuecomment-609026237

Many thanks,

Robin