[R-sig-Geo] Deprecated packages

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Tue Nov 2 22:53:44 CET 2021

Hi Erin, I am also thinking about it.

With Roger's retirement, rgdal, rgeos and maptools will effectively go
away, by the end of 2023. We are working on contingency plans and
instructions for package maintainers, and will share on this list as
soon as there is something to share.

For automap, I have no clue; it hasn't been updated for a long time but
doesn't depend on one of these three.

--
Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics