[R-sig-Geo] geoRglm

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Fri Mar 26 17:06:38 CET 2021

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, MAURICIO MARDONES wrote:

> Thanks Roger
>
> I think this is way to install from the source right?

I would not trust that. Go to the authorised source after downloading the
source package tarball, do not use a GUI or RStudio if compiled code is
involved, as it is here (see
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Installing-packages).

From the command line, try R CMD INSTALL geoRglm_0.9-16.tar.gz. If on
Windows with RTools installed, this will work
(https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/). If on MacOS, work out
from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools what you need to install
of compilers, etc., if not already installed.

Running R CMD INSTALL geoRglm_0.9-16.tar.gz will show what is missing.
Since you used a web search and reached an unhelpful page, maybe review
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#How-to-install-packages
and
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#Installation-of-source-packages
first.