[R-sig-Geo] geoRglm

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Fri Mar 26 16:44:53 CET 2021

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, MAURICIO MARDONES wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I have some trouble to trying installing library “geoRglm". I guess this is not more in CRAN, but I need it.
> Someone know how install from another repo?

The source package is in the CRAN archive:

https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/geoRglm/

You can install it from source, but:

CRAN repository db overrides:
     corrected despite reminders.

   Several LTO errors.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interprocedural_optimization)

So until the maintainer corrects these errors, or someone initiates a
process to orphan/adopt the package and corrects them, it will not return
to CRAN. It probably still works OK, but is vulnerable to degradation with
modern compilers.

Roger

> Best

Postboks 3490 Ytre Sandviken, 5045 Bergen, Norway.
e-mail: Roger.Bivand using nhh.no
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140