[R-sig-Geo] Impute missing values along a spatial network

Tobias Ruttenauer tob|@@@rutten@uer @end|ng |rom nu|||e|d@ox@@c@uk
Wed Mar 24 12:11:58 CET 2021

Dear list members,

I am trying to construct a road network with traffic estimates for each road segment. I have count data of the traffic for a subset of the segments and I have the road network as spatial lines data. For those segments without count data, I would like to perform something like linear imputation or some sort of interpolation / kriging along the road network instead of using pure geographical distance. For instance, if I have 7 road segments A-B-C-D-E and F-G (F and G are unconnected to the rest), and I have data for A and D, how can I impute data for B, C (and E) by only using A and D, while ignoring F and G even though they might be geographically close?

This seems fairly intuitive to me but I couldn't find a package doing that. stplanr would do something related but it seems it needs origin-destination data (which I don't have). I'd be grateful if someone could nudge me into the right direction. I guess I'm using the wrong terminology.

Thanks a lot and best wishes
Tobias

Tobias Rüttenauer
Nuffield College