[R-sig-Geo] Spatial layers for Europe at 30-m available as Cloud Optimized GeoTiffs

Tomislav Hengl tom@heng| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 2 13:53:37 CET 2021

**

**

*

We have mapped land cover classes for the 2000-2019 period for
continental Europe at 30-m resolution using spatiotemporal Machine
Learning (we used R and python for modeling). Explore the dynamic EU
landscapes on your palm using the ODS-Europe viewer:
https://maps.opendatascience.eu

*

*To access almost 10TB of data using R you use the terra or similar
packages e.g.:*
****

**R> library(terra)R> in.tif =
"/vsicurl/http://s3.eu-central-1.wasabisys.com/eumap/lcv/lcv_landcover.hcl_lucas.corine.rf_p_30m_0..0cm_2019_eumap_epsg3035_v0.1.tif"R>
tif = rast(in.tif)**

**From here you can use any native operation e.g. to crop some polygon
or resample / aggregate values** (there is no need to download whole
data sets). A detailed tutorial on how to work with **Cloud Optimized
GeoTiffs is available here:
https://gitlab.com/openlandmap/global-layers/-/blob/master/tutorial/OpenLandMap_COG_tutorial.md.**
Complete list of Cloud Optimized GeoTiffs we produced so far for Europe
is available here:
https://gitlab.com/geoharmonizer_inea/eumap/-/blob/master/gh_raster_layers.csv
**

**If not otherwise specified, the data available on this portal is
licensed under the Open Data Commons Open Database License
<https://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/> (ODbL) and/or Creative
Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode> and/or
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode> International
license (CC BY). ****

*Read more in:
https://opengeohub.medium.com/europe-from-above-space-time-machine-learning-reveals-our-changing-environment-1b05cb7be520
*

*If you experience any technical problems or if you discover a bug,
please report via:
*https://gitlab.com/geoharmonizer_inea/spatial-layers/-/issues

T. Hengl
https://opengeohub.org/about