[R-sig-Geo] Cropping Large RasterStack

Jesús Rojo jru85yebe @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Thu Jul 15 09:55:22 CEST 2021

Hello everyone
I have a Large RasterStack (8501485725 elements, 336.8 Mb) compounded by 23750 raster layers (0.1 degree of resolution)
I would like to do a crop based on an extent

'tmax <- crop(tmax, extent(0, 20, 40, 55))’

It seems to be very time-consuming, and even it seems that my pc is not able to crop after a long time
Do you know another efficient way to do this task without parallelizing?
I think that I did this task with large stacks in the past with ‘crop’ and it run well, but now I do not know if it is possible
Thanks for your help
Kind regards

Jesús Rojo