[R-sig-Geo] Coordinates tolerance ERROR

Bede-Fazekas Ákos b|@|ev||@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 10 15:00:42 CET 2021

Hello Gafarou,

(as I answered your question previously in maxent using googlegroups.com...)
the error message means that the points stored in Locations.csv are not
in a regular grid, i.e., the distances between them are not the same.
Although you can increase the tolerance parameter to eliminate the error
message, this error usually indicates a deeper problem with the data
that can not be solved (just hidden) by the increased tolerance. Maybe
the points form a regular grid in another projection, so before trying
to cast your SpatialPointsDataFrame to SpatialGridDataFrame with
gridded<-(), you should spTransform() it to the adequate CRS. Also you
should check whether the data.frame 'ForMapping' contains all the needed
X-Y pairs. If the following gives you FALSE, it may indicate the problem:
nrow(ForMapping) == length(unique(ForMapping$X)) *
length(unique(ForMapping$X))
I would also give a chance to raster::rasterFromXYZ().
Please send us a reproducible example (e.g. the original Locations.csv)
to let us reproduce the error and understand its reason.

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas