[R-sig-Geo] rgdal and proj

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Sun Feb 7 14:17:24 CET 2021

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021, pierluigi de rosa wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm using R in my ubuntu machine.

Please, for sf/terra/rgdal etc. questions always report the versions of
the installed PROJ/GDAL/GEOS libraries (rgdal::rgdal_extSoftVersion()),
and how you installed these external libraries. If you upgraded PROJ
without re-installing rgdal (guess, for example), this may happen. From
PROJ 6.0.0, this file is not used and not shipped with PROJ.

So I suggest uninstalling all of PROJ/GDAL/GEOS, reinstalling those, then
removing and installing R packages needing these external libraries.

Roger