[R-sig-Geo] rgdal 1.5-8 released on CRAN

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Fri May 29 23:46:28 CEST 2020

I just tried using the Anaconda setup  Mine dies on not being able to find “projects.h”.

> inverser.c:5:10: fatal error: 'projects.h' file not found
> #include <projects.h>

Doing internet searches,  for PROJ6 and beyond,  this was made private,  and is not suppose to be for public linking, see:

https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/835 <https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/835>
https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/boards/1/topics/1184 <https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/boards/1/topics/1184>

The discussion in the second one suggests that it should be linking to the public header proj_api.h rather than the private header projects.h.  proj_api.h does exist in the installation I have.  Unless there is an easy fix I can do,  more than I want to mess with.

-Roy