[R-sig-Geo] How can I update to versions GEOS 3.8.0, GDAL 3.0.4 and PROJ 7.0.0

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Thu May 21 15:21:55 CEST 2020

On Thu, 21 May 2020, Manuel Spínola wrote:

> I am working with R 4.0.0 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4.
> When I load, for example, the library sf, I realized that I have older
> versions of GEOS, GDAL  and PROJ

> How can I update to the latest versions GEOS 3.8.0, GDAL 3.0.4 and PROJ
> 7.0.0

Manuel,

I've no idea how macOS works yet I offer the advice that you
build/upgrade/install this stack by first doing PROJ, then GEOS, and finally
GDAL. The sequence matters as each builds on the earlier one(s).

Regards,

Rich