[R-sig-Geo] Help to calculate the impacts using the spreg function in sphet package: GMM/IV with one endogenous and one instrument

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Mon May 4 09:56:51 CEST 2020

On Sat, 2 May 2020, André M. Marques via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Dear all,
> I apologize for my previous unclear code in the mail list.Now I hope to be clear about the problem I am facing in the following example:
>
> require("sf", quietly=TRUE)library(sphet)library(spatialreg)
> columbus <- st_read(system.file("shapes/columbus.shp", package="spData")[1], quiet=TRUE)require("spdep", quietly=TRUE)col.gal.nb <- spdep::read.gal(system.file("weights/columbus.gal", package="spData")[1])listw <- spdep::nb2listw(col.gal.nb)
> # I have one endongenous (HOVAL) and one instrument (PLUMB) ## endo=~HOVAL ; instruments=~PLUMB
>
> res.spreg <- spreg(CRIME ~ INC + OPEN, columbus, listw,endo=~HOVAL,lag.instr = TRUE,instruments=~PLUMB,model=c('ivhac'),het=TRUE,HAC=FALSE)
> class(res.spreg)#[1] "sphet"  "gstsls"summary(res.spreg)
> Now the problem: I'm unable to calculate the impacts and their p-values in a (cross-section) Cliff-Ord model based on GMM/IV:

Had you followed list rules and posted plain text, things might have been
clearer. HTML tries to make code look like a paragraph of text, so messes
everything up. This is a plain-text version:

library(sphet)
library(spatialreg)
columbus <- sf::st_read(system.file("shapes/columbus.shp",
   package="spData")[1], quiet=TRUE)
col.gal.nb <- spdep::read.gal(system.file("weights/columbus.gal",
   package="spData")[1])
listw <- spdep::nb2listw(col.gal.nb)
res.spreg <- spreg(CRIME ~ INC + OPEN, columbus, listw, endo=~HOVAL,
   lag.instr = TRUE, instruments=~PLUMB, model=c('ivhac'), het=TRUE,
   HAC=FALSE)
class(res.spreg)
summary(res.spreg)
impacts(res.spreg, listw=listw)

This indicates a mismatch firstly between released spatialreg and spdep in
handling impacts for some sphet objects, and further that the IV case may
not yet be covered. Please provide this reproducible example on
https://github.com/r-spatial/spatialreg/issues and ping the sphet
maintainer.

Roger