[R-sig-Geo] viewing locally hosted mbtiles vector tiles using leaflet.mapboxgl?

nevil amos nev||@@mo@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 12 00:14:04 CET 2020

Hi Tim,

Thanks for you suggestions.  I have looked at the leafgl package, and yes
it does speed the rendering of  my polygons, however  it still has to
render them all, rather than using the tiling option, so is not as quick as
tiles would be ( if they worked!).

I have no problem locally serving  raster tiles to r leaflet(), this can be
achieved by running a simplserver, or the mbtilesserver, or inside a shiny
app by placing the tiles in the www directory.  The issue is getting any
vector tiles to dislay - the leaflet.mapboxgl packages is the only option I
have come across so far that suggests this may be a possibility.
I have been using tippecanoe from the linux terminal.

cheers

Nevil