[R-sig-Geo] Impact measures in spatial panels when regressors are endogenous. I need some help by a reproducible example.

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Thu Mar 5 14:17:42 CET 2020

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, André M. Marques via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Dear all, I am working on a research project that uses spatial panel
> econometric models.
>
> At this moment I am facing some difficulties because I guess there are
> some issues with the function impacts() in spatialreg package and also
> with impacts.splm() of the splm package.
>
> I already have used these codes previously.
>
> But at this time I have endogenous regressors in Cliff-Ord spatial panel
> model. The major issue I have found is to calculate the impacts when I
> have one endogenous variable (~pcap) and two exogenous instruments
> (~hwy+water) in a SARAR spatial panel model.

I do not think that impacts methods have been implemented for this case.
The error message should lead you through traceback() and
debug(splm:::impacts.splm) to

Error in impacts.splm(GM_sarar.w2sls, tr = trMatc, R = 200) :
   object type not recognized

Contributions welcome!

Roger

PS. Do not post in HTML, as HTML always destroys the plain-text nature of
code - this example was OK, but getting it to run cost a lot of
unecessarily wasted time.