[R-sig-Geo] Recommended set-up for r-spatial packages on Linux

maurizio marchi m@ur|z|o@m@rch| @end|ng |rom |bbr@cnr@|t
Mon Mar 2 13:03:29 CET 2020

Hi Robin,
thanks for opening this discussion here too. Actually the right set-up
is trivial for many of us.
I have always used the ubuntugis-unstable repository with the repository
"https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/" for R.
Everything worked fine for me since some weeks ago when I had troubles
with sf using gdal 3.0.2 whcih made this problem occurring again
(https://github.com/r-spatial/stars/issues/175)
I hope Ubuntu 20.04 will solve this
All my bests

--
*Maurizio Marchi,
PhD Forest Science - Ecological Mathematics*