[R-sig-Geo] New GDAL multi-dimensional array support?

H. Joe Lee hyok|ee @end|ng |rom hd|group@org
Fri Jun 26 16:36:37 CEST 2020

 Hi,

  My name is H. Joe Lee who maintains a rgdal website [0] to help rgdal
users to access NASA Earthdata easily.

  Recently, GDAL 3.1.0 added a multi-dimensional raster model [1] and two
new command line interface tools - gdalmdiminfo & gdalmdimtranslate. They
significantly increase the usability of NASA Earthdata in HDF like MOD35
product [2] by allowing users to subset and transpose data easily.

  Thus, I'm wondering if rgdal development team can provide functions that
utilize new GDAL multi-dimensional APIs and tools that support [1] in the
future release.

  Sincerely,

[0] https://hdfeos.org/software/r.php
<https://www.hdfeos.org/software/r.php>