[R-sig-Geo] Best resource for help compiling Gdal

Doug Niven dn|ven @end|ng |rom uc@c@edu
Wed Jun 24 19:45:36 CEST 2020

Hi Folks,

Looking through the archives of this list, it looks like this isn’t the best place for troubleshooting build/make issues compiling gdal 3.1.0 in Linux.

Can someone please direct me to the best place for assistance with that? I’ve built it successfully previously on the same server without problems...

Specifically I’m getting the following error in in the “make” step, and Googling errors like this doesn’t come up with many helpful results:

make[1]: *** [GNUmakefile:99: gdalserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/admin/gdal-3.1.0/apps'
make: *** [GNUmakefile:114: apps-target] Error 2

Thanks in advance,

Doug