[R-sig-Geo] generating points from random to overdispersed on a raster grid.

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Mon Jun 22 16:20:57 CEST 2020

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020, Patrick Giraudoux wrote:

> Dear listers,
>
> On a simulation purpose, I would like to generate data variying from
> random to various degrees of overdispersion on a raster grid.  For
> instance on a matrix 1000 x 1000, to select a number of pixels that
> could be considered spatially aggregated (with a possibility for tuning
> the degree of aggregation from "random" - no aggregation - to strong
> clusters).
>
> Has anyone heard about how to proceed or an idea about it?

This sounds very much like spatstat, but could you provide a short code
example to show what the discretised output should be? Are these
presence/absence in the grid cells?

Best wishes,

Roger