[R-sig-Geo] Doubt

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Wed Jul 29 17:16:54 CEST 2020

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020, Pietro Andre Telatin Paschoalino wrote:

> Hello everyone on the list.
>
> I am a PhD student in Brazil and I have some doubts in the area of
> ​​spatial econometrics, if anyone knows and can answer me I would be very
> grateful.
>
> I'm using the spreg function from the sphet package. Sorry if I'm asking
> you an obvious question, but I couldn't solve it simply by looking in
> forums / reading the articles of the area.
>
> Follow:
>
> 1- One of the arguments of the spreg function is called step1c, in this
>    case, if I say TRUE, would I be using the efficient estimator of ρ,
>    if false, would it just be the consistent estimator? I verified that
>    step1c = T, brings me the same result as the gstslshet function.

Please see the section on GMM, subsection spatial error model of:

https://www.jstatsoft.org/article/view/v063i18

> 2- I am having problems estimating impact after spreg, depending on the
>    versions of my packages, or I have an error (evalue not informed),
>    not performing the estimation, or when I can perform it, a HAC
>    correction is applied to my standard errors (even if I don't put the
>    HAC option on my code) and all my p-values ​​become insignificant
>    (which is very strange since my estimators by lmsar or gstsls have
>    significant impacts). Would you know to inform me if there is an
>    alternative way to calculate the impacts?

Without knowing your current versions, nobody knows. Report the output of
sessionInfo(), preferably for the minimal set of packages needed for a
reproducible example (without tidyverse, which loads 50+ packages that are
not relevant here).

> As the HAC was applied to the impacts, I was also in doubt as to whether
> all the correction for heteroscedasticity is being done via HAC, even
> though I did not select this option in the models.

Please provide a reproducible example using a built-in data set, posting
in plain text to make copying from your message easier than from HTML,
which often gets garbled.

Roger