[R-sig-Geo] Warning message: In showSRID(uprojargs, format = "PROJ", multiline = "NO")?

Michal Kvasnička M|ch@|@Kv@@n|ck@ @end|ng |rom econ@mun|@cz
Tue Jul 21 16:08:18 CEST 2020

Hello.

I have a sfc_MULTILINESTRING object called zz. It is in CRS EPSG:5514
("S-JTSK / Krovak East North"). When I convert it to sp via as(zz,
"Spatial"), I get the following warning:

Warning message:
In showSRID(uprojargs, format = "PROJ", multiline = "NO") :
  Discarded datum Unknown based on Bessel 1841 ellipsoid in CRS definition,
 but +towgs84= values preserved

Could you help me understand what does this mean and whether it is serious?

I use:
R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
sf 0.9-5
sp 1.4-2
rgdal 1.5-12
rgeos 0.5-3
gdal 3.0.4
geos 3.8.0

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
*Ing. Michal Kvasnička, Ph.D.*

*Masaryk University | School of Economics and Administration*
Department of Economics
A: Lipová 41a | 602 00 Brno
E: michal.kvasnicka using econ.muni.cz | W: www.econ.muni.cz/~qasar