[R-sig-Geo] Grouping neighbouring polygons to get an equal distribution of residents

Anastasia Semenova m@rk|z@555-94 @end|ng |rom m@||@ru
Wed Jan 8 09:41:20 CET 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a large spatial polygon data frame downloaded from  https://biogeo.ucdavis.edu/data/gadm3.6/Rsp/gadm36_DEU_4_sp.rds  . A have added two columns to the dataset with number of people and number of shops in each district. Now I have to group the polygons so that the 200 resulting areas contain an approximately equal number of people and shops or at least only people. It should be just a new column with an ID of the «new» area (from 1 to 200), which matches every polygon (district). Like this:

CC_4                 New_area
84255001002 1
84255001004 2
84255002017 78
84255002020 1

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to implement this. Are there any appropariate functions? Could You please help me?

Thank You very much in advance.
Best regards,
Anastasia