[R-sig-Geo] Peter Diggle Birthday Conference

Barry Rowlingson b@row||ng@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 25 16:39:08 CET 2020

Hope nobody thinks I'm spamming the list but I'd like to promote the
conference that we are holding in April in honour of Prof Diggle's 70th
birthday (actually yesterday).

I've worked with him for nearly 30 years, and I wrote the first version of
`splancs` for `S` by interfacing to his Fortran code. Some of this code is
still in the R version of splancs today.

We've got a lot of spatial statistics talks, a smattering of longitudinal
data, and a couple of parties scheduled. Our invited speakers include the
current president of the Royal Statistical Society.

Talk titles (click for full abstracts) are here:
  http://www.developingstatistics.org/programme/talks/

Registration details are here:
 http://www.developingstatistics.org/registration/

Hope to see some of you there in April!