[R-sig-Geo] [FORGED] spatstat installation

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Wed Apr 15 05:55:02 CEST 2020

On 15/04/20 5:23 am, Mauro Pedone wrote:

> Hello ,
> I am trying the spatstat package installation
> on R 3.3.0
>
> the package is spatstat_1.63-3.tar.gz
> ,the OS is oracle enterprise linux 7
>
> at the end I receive the error
> Error : .onAttach failed in attachNamespace() for 'spatstat', details:
>    call: if (today - as.Date(rdate) > 365) {
>    error: missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
>
> ask to the community if someone encountered this problem.
>
> thanks and regards

Dear Mauro,

I would guess that this has really nothing to do with spatstat as such,
but rather something to do with how your system is processing dates.

The code involved is found in the file versions.R.  One can run the
relevant code from the command line:

today <- Sys.Date()
rv <- R.Version()
rdate <- with(rv, ISOdate(year, month, day))
chk <- today - as.Date(rdate)
if(chk > 365) cat("\nWhoops\n!") else cat("\nAlright!\n")

When I run this code, "Alright!" is duly echoed.

Printing "chk" gives "Time difference of 46 days" and 'chk > 365"
produces FALSE.

What happens when you run this code?  Look at today, rv, rdate, and chk,
and try to figure out why a missing value is appearing.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow