[R-sig-Geo] Problem with function predict in package GSIF

Manuel Spínola m@p|no|@10 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 30 20:58:15 CEST 2019

Dear list members,

I am using the predict function of the GSIF package but after running for a
while I do not get an output and when I stop the process I got the
following message (see below).

I fit the fit.gstatModel

co_rk_rf <- fit.gstatModel(datos_co_sp["co"], co_formulaString_correlacion,
covar_finales_sp, method = "quantregForest")

Fitting a Quantile Regression Forest model...
Shapiro-Wilk normality test and Anderson-Darling normality test report
probability of < .05 indicating lack of normal distribution for
residualsFitting a 2D variogram...
No convergence after 200 iterations: try different initial values?singular
model in variogram fitSaving an object of class 'gstatModel'...
but when I try the prediction it gave me an error message

co_rk_rf_pred <- predict(co_rk_rf, covar_finales_sp)

no loop for break/next, jumping to top level

I tried with same data set before and it works, but not now.  I also tried
with similar data sets and it works.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Manuel

--
*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre