[R-sig-Geo] rgdal, PROJ6 and "+init=epsg" syntax on Jupyter/conda

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Thu Sep 12 12:29:59 CEST 2019

CRAN, btw, reports similar errors on all debian testing platforms, of
the kind

    > st_crs("+init=epsg:3857")$epsg
    proj_create: init=epsg:/init=IGNF: syntax not supported in non-PROJ4
emulation mode

see
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_edzer.pebesma_at_uni-muenster.de.html#sf

I failed to reproduce these because I can't build the CRAN debian
testing docker image from https://github.com/jeroen/rcheckserver ,
reported here: https://github.com/jeroen/rcheckserver/issues/2

I would appreciate any help here.