[R-sig-Geo] Comparing distance among point pattern events

ASANTOS @|ex@ndre@@nto@br @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com@br
Fri Nov 22 14:25:32 CET 2019

Dear R-Sig-Geo Members,

I have the hypothetical point process situation:

library(spatstat)
set.seed(2019)
A <- rpoispp(100) ## First event
B <- rpoispp(50) ## Second event
C <- rpoispp(50) ## Third event
plot(A, pch=16)
plot(B, col="red", add=T)
plot(C, col="blue", add=T)

I've like to know an adequate spatial approach for comparing if on
average the event B or C is more close to A. For this, I try to make:

AB<-superimpose(A,B)
ABd<-pairdist(AB)
AC<-superimpose(A,C)
ACd<-pairdist(A)
mean(ABd)
#[1] 0.5112954
mean(ACd)
#[1] 0.5035042

With this naive approach, I concluded that event C is more close of A
that B. This sounds enough for a final conclusion or more robust
analysis is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre dos Santos
Geotechnologies and Spatial Statistics applied to Forest Entomology