[R-sig-Geo] Question spdep package - aliased variables and NA z-values

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Tue May 28 11:37:20 CEST 2019

On Mon, 27 May 2019, Raphael Mesaric via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> My model consists of observations for all four seasons, and each of the
> seasons is analyzed with respect to five different time slots. All of
> these observations are referring to the same grid, which means that my
> neighborhood matrix is repeated twenty times (I took the neighborhood
> matrix of the original grid and modified the entries in such a way that
> I have a diagonal matrix where each diagonal block entry consists of the
> original neighborhood object, with adjusted values).
>
> I recently run my model with the errorsarlm() and lagsarlm() functions.
> It worked fine, and the results coincide well with the linear regression
> results, which is great. However, there are a few other strange things:

These are not really appropriate models, maybe look at the splm package
for panel/longitudinal equivalents. To debug the aliasing in the model
fitting functions in spatialreg (no longer spdep), please provide a
reproducible example, preferably from a built-in data set.

Roger