[R-sig-Geo] GDAL 3.0.0 and rgdal?

Thiago V. dos Santos th|_ve|o@o @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com@br
Mon May 27 15:40:13 CEST 2019

Thanks for the feedback Edzer and Roger. The development version indeed works fine with GDAL 3.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, May 27, 2019, 6:31 AM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand using nhh.no> wrote:

On Mon, 27 May 2019, Edzer Pebesma wrote:

> The development version installs with GDAL 3, try
>
> install.packages("rgdal", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

I'll try to submit to CRAN this week.

Roger

> On 5/27/19 1:43 AM, Thiago V. dos Santos via R-sig-Geo wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> Yesterday I replaced GDAL v2.4.1 with the latest v3.0.0 on my Linux server. Then, when I tried to reinstall rgdal, I got an error due to wrong system requirements: rgdal requires GDAL between versions 1.11.4 and 2.5.0.
>> Therefore, I am wondering: are there plans for rgdal to support GDAL 3.0.0 in the next few days? I like to be up-to-date with GIS software, but I don't really need to use GDAL 3.0.0 at all. If it is going to be a little while until it is supported by rgdal, I can happily revert back to v2.4.1.
>> Thanks, -- Thiago V. dos Santos
>> Postdoctoral Research FellowDepartment of Climate and Space Science and EngineeringUniversity of Michigan
>>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; e-mail: Roger.Bivand using nhh.no
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140
https://scholar.google.no/citations?user=AWeghB0AAAAJ&hl=en_______________________________________________