[R-sig-Geo] Question spdep package - extending nb object

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Sat May 18 16:24:26 CEST 2019

Look at multilevel models, fitting iid and/or mrf to the three regular dimensions. Look at the mixed models literature. Some references in https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spasta.2017.01.002, but there is much more.

Hope this helps,

Norwegian School of Economics
Bergen, Norway

Fra: Raphael Mesaric
Sendt: fredag 17. mai, 14.58
Emne: Re: [R-sig-Geo] Question spdep package - extending nb object
Til: Roger Bivand
Kopi: r-sig-geo using r-project.org

Dear Roger,

Thank you very much for your reply.

It is kind of a spatial panel model, but I have only one time series. To describe it differently:

The dependent variable consists of twenty blocks with averaged data. Each block is related to one season and one out of five time slots (that is why I have 20 blocks - 4 seasons times 5 time slots). And each block of data refers to the very same grid, i.e. the first entry of the first block corresponds to the same call as the first entry of all the other blocks, the second entries correspond to the second cell etc. The grid is of hectare resolution, i.e. 100 x 100m (one could see this as similar to post codes).

Therefore, nb2blocknb() sounds interesting, even though I do not really have „location-less observations“, but just observations with different attributes (season and time). Would it work if my ‚ID‘ argument is built in such a way that it repeats 19 times the identification tags of the first block? For example:

rep(seq(from = 1, to = m, by = 1),19) , where m is the number of cells in my grid?

Best,

Raphael