[R-sig-Geo] sp

Francesco Perugini |r@nce@co@perug|n| @end|ng |rom y@hoo@|t
Fri May 17 09:16:30 CEST 2019

 Hello,thanks for the suggestions. I've tried to switch to the new function readOGR() instead of the readShapePolyas follows
### Readpolygon shape files into SpatialPolygonsDataFrame objects

#a <-readShapePoly("C:/Users/Francesco pc/ Prov2011_WGS84",IDvar="COD_PRO")

a <-readOGR(dsn="C:/Users/Francesco pc/",layer="Prov2011_WGS84")
The readOGR function seems to work. However I've now some difficulties in Matching spatial dataframe and dataframe.
My code is:
quars<-  read.dta("dataset_resilience_perR.dta")         #reading file from STATA

save(quars,file = "quars.rda")

load("quars.rda")

names(quars)

attach(quars)

data.quars  <- quars

dim(data.quars)

MATCH <-match(a$COD_PRO, data.quars$codpro); MATCH

### OBJECTID

data.quars1<- data.quars[MATCH,]; dim(data.quars1)

row.names(data.quars1)<- a$COD_PRO; dim(data.quars1)

aa <-spCbind(a, data.quars1)

sample<- aa[!is.na(aa$stand),]

#

writePolyShape(sample,"sample",factor2char= TRUE)

sample<- readShapePoly("sample",IDvar="COD_PRO")

The last two coding lines must also be changed. But I get an error before that, when using the spCbind
Error in spCbind(a, data.quars1) : row names not identicalwhich I was not having before when using the readShapePoly function.Don't know why. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.Francesco