[R-sig-Geo] add a field to sf object and point shape in kml

Bede-Fazekas Ákos b|@|ev||@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 7 14:16:00 CEST 2019

Dear Marta,

I have answer only to your first question.
The way you created the new column (a$b = 2) is correct.
The order of the columns and the place of the geometry column are
usually not so important, but if you want to rearrange the columns, just
use one of the following lines:
a <- a[, c(colnames(a)[!(colnames(a) %in% attr(a, "sf_column"))],
attr(a, "sf_column"))]
a <- st_sf(cbind(st_set_geometry(a, NULL), st_geometry(a)))

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Hungarian Academy of Sciences