[R-sig-Geo] Question spdep package - lagsarlm not terminating

Raphael Mesaric r@ph@e|@me@| @end|ng |rom y@hoo@de
Sat May 4 22:22:57 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I have a question with regards to the function „lagsarlm" from the package spdep. My problem is that the function is not terminating. Of course, I have quite a big grid (depending on the selection either 34000 or 60600 entries) and I also have a lot of explanatory variables (about 40). But I am still wondering whether there is something wrong.

I tried to run a model based on the dataset „columbus“, and there I did not have any problems (but there are way fever entries and variables). I also compared the format of the required inputs, but everything seemed to be equivalent to the inputs used for the „columbus“ model.

Do you have any idea what might be the reason for the extremely long (respectively infinite, it has not terminated yet) computation time? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

If you would like to, I can also upload the corresponding code. However, the code includes some MAT-Files as I got the data in MATLAB. I do not yet attach them here because I read that attachments in another format than PDF are not desired as they may contain malicious software.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best regards,

Raphael Mesaric