[R-sig-Geo] Error in run GAM (Biomod 2)

Lara Silva |@r@@@|p@@||v@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 18 12:28:14 CET 2019

Hello

I am trying to run several algorithms in biomod 2 (GLM, GAM, ANN, SRE) but
I received the following menssage.

Model=GAM
         GAM_mgcv algorithm chosen
        Automatic formula generation...
        > GAM (mgcv) modelling...Error in
smooth.construct.tp.smooth.spec(object, dk$data, dk$knots) :
  A term has fewer unique covariate combinations than specified maximum
degrees of freedom
Error in predict(model.bm, Data[, expl_var_names, drop = FALSE], on_0_1000
= TRUE) :
  object 'model.bm' not found

*** inherits(g.pred,'try-error')
   ! Note :  Lactuca.global_AllData_RUN1_GAM failed!

I have 19 presences and 1019 pseudo-absences ...
It is because the low number of presences?

Thanks

Lara