[R-sig-Geo] Zonal Anisotropy versus Geometric Anisotropy

Olatunde Mosobalaje o|@tunde@mo@ob@|@je @end|ng |rom coven@ntun|ver@|ty@edu@ng
Wed Mar 13 05:02:33 CET 2019

To what extent would the vertical variogram sill be less than the data
variance before a zonal anisotropy can be considered?

I have this data with horizontal variogram sill (along all azimuths) of
0.0042 but a vertical variogram sill of 0.004. The variance of the data is
around 0.0044. I have taken the horizontal sill to be approximating the
variance. I wonder if I should do the same for the vertical sill and
therefore declare a fully geometric anisotropy; or, if I should take the
vertical sill as indeed less than the sill and therefore declare a zonal
anisotropy.

Thank you in advance for your response.