[R-sig-Geo] Announcing the "Summer School on Geospatial Data Science with R in Jena"

"Jannes Münchow" m@|N@m@|J@ @end|ng |rom gmx@de
Wed Mar 6 14:06:41 CET 2019

We are proud to announce our "International Summer School on Geospatial Data Science with R" taking place at the GIScience department of Jena (Germany) from 25. August to 1. September 2019. The summer school will consist of a mixture of lectures and lab classes and teaches advanced geospatial techniques for analyzing and predicting global change phenomena on the command line in a fully reproducible workflow. This includes predictive modeling using statistical and machine learning techniques, model assessment and data science challenges with geospatial data. The summer school is generously funded by the German Academic Exchange Service which means that each accepted international participant will receive at least a funding of 450 Euros upon successful completion of the summer school.*

Please share this fantastic opportunity with all interested parties and refer to the official website for more information on how to apply, the program and the invited lecturers:
https://jupiter.geogr.uni-jena.de/summerschool/about/

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Jena!
Jannes

*Applicants from Germany are welcome to apply but only a limited number can be admitted and no funding can be granted.