[R-sig-Geo] Surface Chlorophyll data calculation

Rochelle Schneider roche||e@d@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 21 19:56:29 CEST 2019

Hi Juan Carlos,

You have 10 variables inside your NetCDF, which chlorophyll concentration (CHL) is the variable [1]. According to your link, all variables are provided by month and day (i.e. many time-layers for the same variable); therefore you do not need to calculate only extract it.

I would recommend you to start reading this post  https://dominicroye.github.io/en/2018/access-to-climate-reanalysis-data-from-r/, then go to this one https://www.r-bloggers.com/a-netcdf-4-in-r-cheatsheet/ which uses CHL data as well.

Cheers,

Rochelle Schneider
PhD Geospatial Analytics | MSc GIS | MSc Remote Sensing

________________________________
From: R-sig-Geo <r-sig-geo-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of JC Arronte <j_arronte using hotmail.com>
Sent: 20 June 2019 17:36
To: r-sig-geo using r-project.org
Subject: [R-sig-Geo] Surface Chlorophyll data calculation

Hello,

This is my first post to this list. I am a beginner in R and GIS and  I work as researcher at Spanish Institute of Oceanography.

I have a ncdf file from the Copernicus webpage with monthly primary production data from the Northeastern Atlantic. In my case, the chlorophyll concentration from the following link,

 http://marine.copernicus.eu/services-portfolio/access-to-products/?option=com_csw&view=details&product_id=IBI_REANALYSIS_BIO_005_003

I want to calculate the monthly surface chlorophyll concentration. Unfortunately, after a lot of reading on the issue, I have been unable to come to any understanding.

Any indication of tutorials, scripts, sites or packages will be very welcomed.

Thanks in advance. Kindest regards,

Juan Carlos