[R-sig-Geo] auto-correlation of nominal variables

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Mon Jun 17 10:39:41 CEST 2019

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019, Emanuele Barca wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I received a  dataset of point data, organized in the following way:
>
> a couple of coordinates and a column of "crop classes codes", three columns.
>
> I would like to compute something similar to the Moran index for each crop
> class code.
>
> How can I carry out such task in R?

spdep::joincount.multi() and spdep::joincount.test().

and read the references on the help pages. See eg.

https://keen-swartz-3146c4.netlify.com/area-data-and-spatial-autcorrelation.html#measures-of-spatial-autocorrelation

Roger